Friday, January 19, 2007

The Last Word On Winter Break

Taking one last look at my winter break, I try to figure out just what I should do differently next year, which will (hopefully) be the last year that I have a winter break.

1) Get a job.

A job is something that I haven't had since the summer, and I'm beginning to see the benefits. I'll be able to get an apartment, I'll have money to do things that I'd like to do, and I won't spend my days sleeping, picking through the cabinets of my house like a rodent in my underwear, and watching reruns of shows I didn't even know existed on the sci fi channel.

2) Take a class.

Lesley has this mini semseter thing that I feel not enough people take advantage of, and I'm one of them. It's a three credit class I'd be taking (maybe even more than one), I still get a couple of weeks off for the holidays, and I'm guessing that the work isn't that hard. Considering I dropped one of my four classes last semester, it would be a good idea.

3) Join a rec league at Hockeytown.

That's just self-explanatory.

- - - -

I'm sitting at home, on my last Friday night in ye olde Wakefield homestead, watching NESN's college hockey night, and I'm realizing that this is what Wakefield will do to a man. I think I'm pretty much the last of my friends here, and I'm turning, slowly, into a DPW worker. I'm wearing a big flannel shirt, I haven't showered today, I just ate an entire pepperoni pizza out of the box, and I'm fighting an enormous urge to drink beer right now.

At least I'm not at the Dockside. I could be at the dockside. Wearing Timberlands.

- - - -

Rachael comes back from Japan on Monday night, the day that I start classes, so my days of not doing anything are numbered. I should learn to appriciate them.

God DAMMIT am I thirsty. College hockey night and pepperoni pizza makes a man thirsty in a way so few things do.

I think I understand the cat more than I did, after spending a month or two inside with her.

Jesus, I've written enough about this. I'll write when I have something to say.

No comments: